Thursday, April 24, 2008

New York New York

A couple weekends ago my partner and I and a couple of friends headed to New York City for the weekend. I have not been there in 15 years. I was amazed at the change and I truely say good job New York - Not a single prostitute - drug deal - seen the entire trip. Yes it was comfortable walking in time square at 10 PM. I can't say I had the same experience 15 years ago. The Statue of Liberty is still smaller than it looks on tv but holds the same awe factor. The twin towers are gone and construction has taken over ground zero. For me - it was an emotional spot for some reason. I guess the loss of so many lives -- all the imagery from that day in 2001 - It was great heading to the top of the empire state building and spending time in Central Park. I actually walked down the path Dori and I walked down when we found ourselves on the wrong side of the park after the Paul Simon concert - it was quite a spooky walk through the park at night but this time we traveled by day. It was good to go back and think about times gone by. I wish I could have headed to Warwick but did not think about that until I was thinking about the past. Rent on Broadway was powerful! I am disappointed to hear it is closing soon and if you get a chance it is a must see. Well -all in all my trip to New York was a success. Until next time.....


Please let me know if you would like a personal tour of New York -I would be happy to share this beautiful city with you! All inclusive packages available--
See my about me page for contact information or leave a comment.

No comments: